war words glossed

Kim & Rima McKinzey rkmck at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Apr 2 23:04:19 UTC 2003

>Mona Charen has a column on America On-Line News today in which she states,
>in a discussion of Peter Arnett:
>
><begin quote>
>Remember the phrase, "We had to destroy the village in order to save it"?

I heard something similar on the news yesterday (in SF) via Pete
Wilson, a reporter I trust.  He didn't mention the different village,
but did mention that other soldiers & reporters there heard no such
thing, and that the officer supposedly quoted doesn't remember saying
any such thing.

Rima