the language-sensitive centimeter

Scott Sadowsky lists at SPANISHTRANSLATOR.ORG
Thu Apr 10 14:19:16 UTC 2003

On 2003-04-07 15:22, Steve Boatti wrote the following:

>It wouldn't surprise me if the discrepancy is due to differing government
>regulations on how to measure the "cooking surface."

Having been peripherally involved in such things, I suspect the explanation
is even simpler: each language version was translated by a different
person, everyone involved used their own criteria for rounding, and no
project manager bothered to compare the different versiones for consistency.

Cheers,
Scott