Saratoga Chip Inventor Dies (1917)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Apr 23 02:54:34 UTC 2003

At 8:01 PM -0400 4/22/03, Sam Clements wrote:
>According to http://www.brooksidemuseum.org/photo/2002/september2002.html
>it's Wicks.  And the origin of the chip is rather in dispute.

Very nice.  I like the way the museum site both carefully provides
the legends, with all the details, while also debunking them.  I
notice the Saratoga County Historical Society/Brookside Museum is in
Ballston Spa, just down the block from the wonderful Bottle Museum,
which has excellent exemplars of bottles from different stages of the
evolution of human culture.  For anyone who feels about bottles the
way we feel about words, it's gets a Michelin-green-guide three stars
("vaut le voyage").

Larry