Bean Feast (1789)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Aug 3 19:06:39 UTC 2003

   "Beanfeast" has been discussed on both rec.food.historic and
alt.usage.english.  The discussion is--well, see for yourself:

(REC FOOD HISTORIC)
  <A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=author:halcombe%40subdimension.com+">halcombe</A> (<A HREF="mailto:halcombe%40subdimension.com">halcombe at subdimension.com</A>)
Subject: Origin of the 'beanfeast'
Newsgroups: <A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=alt.history.british">alt.history.british</A>, <A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=uk.food%2Bdrink.misc">uk.food+drink.misc</A>, <A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.food.historic">rec.food.historic</A>
Date: 2003-08-02 19:38:09 PST

A wealth of theories on the origin, one of which might even be accurate,
here:<A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=d7fa3848.0307281628.7ca4a008%40posting.google.com">
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=d7fa3848.0307281628.7ca4a008%40posting.google.com</A><A HREF="http://posting.google.com/post?cmd=post&enc=ISO-8859-1&msg=d7fa3848.0308021838.29ff9869%40posting.google.com&gs=/groups%3Fdq%3D%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26frame%3Dright%26th%3D1e090fbf0b69fbc2%26seekm%3Dst6pivo45chhfo9g90hj8dtdaqkib4qq1c%25404ax.com">

</A>Message 2 in thread