Another "Jasbo" from 1914.  Antedating of the "bozo" meaning

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Aug 8 02:02:02 UTC 2003

   Another ADS-Ler beat me to the punch by a few minutes.  The HDAS has 1917 for "jazzbo."
   NYU doesn't subscribe to ancestry.com AFAIK.

   10 March 1914, EDWARDSVILLE INTELLIGENCER (Edwardsville, Ill.), pg. 2, col. 1 cartoon:
I KNEW A JASBO ONCE WHO READ THAT A CHAP GETTING PAID $5,000 DAMAGES FOR BEING STRUCK BY AN AUTO AND THINKING IT WAS EASY MONEY HE TRIED IT.

   17 November 1914, WASHINGTON POST, pg. 9, col. 4:
Miss Jazbo.
(The name of a horse.  There are other hits for the horse name in 1916--ed.)