Holy Moley!;

Sam Clements sclements at NEO.RR.COM
Sun Aug 10 16:27:08 UTC 2003

From: <Bapopik at AOL.COM>
To: <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2003 3:08 AM

> William Woolfolk, 86, Writer Behind Comic-Book Heroes, Dies
> By ERIC P. NASH
>
>     Mr. Woolfolk did not create new characters, but said he coined one of
the
> most famous lines in comics: Captain Marvel's exclamation "Holy Moley!"
"He
> created that so Captain Marvel would have something to say when Captain
Marvel
> was particularly astonished," said Joanna Martine Woolfolk, his third
wife.
> They were divorced in 1999.

Those third wives! They'l believe anything !

>From ancestry, Coshocton County Democrat (OH), March 13, 1946:

The pudgy-cheeked, wild-haired Jimmy sat back at his familiar desk yesterday
and ejaculated:

   "Holy Moly, what we're going to do with this team!  Look at that list of
backs--Pat Harder, Chief Johnson, Elmer Angeman, Paul Christman, <snip>"

A story about the Chicago Cardinals football team.

Sam Clements