Fair and Balanced

Duane Campbell dcamp911 at JUNO.COM
Wed Aug 13 14:51:59 UTC 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 02:12:21 -0500 Greg Pulliam <pulliam at IIT.EDU> writes:
> Fox is FAR right of center, while CNN is only slightly right of
> center. There is no left of center medium.

I would expect more precise use of language on a list of linguists. If
Fox is "FAR right" then where would you put ... oh, say, the Montana
Militia? I suppose when you view the middle from so far left, it looks
far right to you.

I long ago realized that statements like this are akin to "You are the
morning and the evening star." Clearly the preacher didn't mean his lady
was a huge ball of hot gas. There is no literal or factual meaning;
rather it is an expression of pure emotion.