spun-doctored

David Colburn colburn at PEOPLEPC.COM
Sun Aug 17 21:49:03 UTC 2003

> NY Times reported today that Jesse Ventura has this advice for
> Schwarzenegger:  "Don't be spun doctored and stay away from the Republican
Party, who will
> try to make you something you're not."
>
> I love this word!

This reminds me of a past tense I heard used by a caller on a radio show in
San Francisco last year: "So he was the only person who didn't lip-sync
during his appearance? Wow -- I didn't know that everyone else lip-sunk."

(I forget what the broader context was, but I liked "lip-sunk" so much that
I jotted that sentence down.)

-David Colburn