Hungry: Stomach thinks throat's been cut

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Aug 25 03:11:28 UTC 2003

"JAZZ MORATORIUM--I think we should go on a bit of a "jazz" moratorium until we get more information.  The CHICAGO TRIBUNE, for one, will be out soon.

HUNGRY: STOMACH THINKS THROAT'S BEEN CUT

   I told cookbook seller Bonny Slotnick about "makes your tongue slap your throat," and she gave me "so hungry your stomach thinks your throat's been cut."  It appears to be Ozzie.

(GOOGLE)
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/2487/phraseguide.html
Dynamite Dan's guide to Aussie expressions.

 If you ever happen to meet an Aussie or come to Australia then you may be baffled by the phrases that are commonly used. Below is a list of expressions that I and my countryman use everyday. I hope it will aid in your enlightenment of our very colouful language.

  Hungry

 I'm so hungry I could eat the crutch out of a low flying duck.
 I'm so hungry my stomach thinks my throat has been cut.
 I'm so hungry I could eat a horse if you took its shoes off. Then chase the jockey.
 I'm so hungry I could eat a baby's bum through a tennis racket.

  Thirsty - drinking

 I'm as dry as a Pommy's towel.
 I'm as dry as a dead dingoe's donger.
 I'm as dry as a nun's nasty.
 I'm drier than a kookaburra's khyber in the desert.
 I'm as drunk as a skunk.
 I'm as full as a goog.
 She's under the affluence of inkahol.
 I'm as full as a catholic school.
 I'm as full as a State school hat rack.
 I'm as full as a seaside shithouse on Boxing day.
 I'm going steady with Johnnie Walker.
 He's as pissed as a parrot.

(GOOGLE GROUPS)