Underwater Basket Weaving(1958)

Russ McClay mcclay at TAOLODGE.COM
Sun Dec 7 18:19:09 UTC 2003

FWIW:

Subject: Re: "Underwater basket weaving
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 22:42:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: MSWF at aol.com
To: davidc at iei.net

Hi, I first heard the term underwater basket weaving when I was in
college (58-62-Indiana State) as a reference to easy classes that
football players and other athletes would take just to get credits and
remain eligible to play.  That may not be the origin but it is my first
memory of the term. Since starting to make baskets, I have thought it
ironic that people who coined the term did not understand the complexity
of some weaving and the history of the craft.  Hope this helps, Mary
Fulton, Portland, OR.
http://www.angelfire.com/art/weaverswords/WeaversWordsV1I27.txt

SC => .I'm sure this is a US phrase referring to a college course that is
SC => rediculously easy, one that NO ONE could possibly flunk, not even the jocks.