Swimsical; Comments on Etymology

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Dec 11 16:15:24 UTC 2003

SWIMSICAL

   Musical, dance-ical, now swimsical?  There aren't a whole lot of Google
hits right now.  From a review of the new movie BIG FISH:

   10 December 2003, NEW YORK POST, pg. 71:
_Go Fish_
_Tim Burton odyssey is swimsical & satisfying_

COMMENTS ON ETYMOLOGY

   The November and December 2003 COMMENTS ON ETYMOLOGY issues were just
received.  The November issue (with "jazz," "hash house lingo," and more) is 55
pages and contains contributions from such people as Sam Clements and George
Thompson.  The December issue ("Compiling material for a book on _Hot Dog_--Part
1") is also 55 pages.
   COMMENTS ON ETYMOLOGY appears monthly, from October-May.  A yearly
individual subscription is only $15.
   Gerald Cohen deserves tremendous credit for compiling an enormous amount
of material each month.  I remember when COE issues were half the size (25
pages).  A 55-pager would be a two-month double issue.
   Maybe I should take Gerald Cohen with me on my next trip.