Nassau Guardian to be digitized

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Dec 11 18:28:33 UTC 2003

Barry,
Thanks for your suggestion. We hopefully will have the Nassau Guardian
available over the course of the next year. The Sporting Life suggestion is great as
well. Do you mean the American version?

Mark
Paper of Record

(I congratulated Paper of Record for its work on digitizing THE SPORTING
NEWS.  I suggested that it also digitize SPORTING LIFE...I keep checking
www.newspaperarchive.com for its progress on digitizing the JAMAICA GLEANER, but,
sadly, it doesn't look like much has been done in the last few months....I
suggested that Paper of Record do the TRINIDAD GUARDIAN, to help on "calypso" and
various foods that I recently posted.  The NASSAU GUARDIAN is not the same
newspaper, but will definitely offer valuable Caribbean cuisine research help.  Nice
work, if they do it--Barry Popik)

(LIBRARY OF CONGRESS)
The Nassau guardian.
Nassau, Bahamas : M. Moseley,
v. : ill. (chiefly advertisements) ; 60 cm.
Began in 1844.

Brief Description:  The Nassau guardian and Bahama Islands advocate and
intelligencer [microform].
Nassau, Bahamas : Nassau Guardian, -1949.
v.
-year 105, no. 120 (Apr. 19, 1949).

The Nassau guardian [microform].
Nassau, Bahamas : Nassau Guardian Pub. Ltd., 1949-1967.
v.
Year 105, no. 121 (Apr. 20, 1949)-year 124, no. 26 (Dec. 30, 1967).

Brief Description:  The Nassau guardian and observer [microform].
[Nassau, Bahamas] : Nassau Guardian Ltd., 1968.
v.
Year 124, no. 27 (Jan. 2, 1968).

Brief Description:  The Nassau guardian and Bahamas observer [microform].
[Nassau, Bahamas] : Nassau Guardian Ltd., 1968-1971.
v.
Year 124, no. 28 (Jan. 3, 1968)-year 127, vol. 31 (Jan. 2, 1971).

The Nassau guardian [microform].
Nassau, Bahamas : Nassau Guardian Ltd., 1971-
v.
Year 127, vol. 32 (Jan. 4, 1971)-