LSSU Word Banishment

John Shibley jshibley at LSSU.EDU
Fri Dec 12 15:35:59 UTC 2003

Hi Beverly,

The list, at least the timing of its release, derives partial inspiration
from the Queen's New Years Honor List:

http://www.therockalltimes.co.uk/2001/12/31/honours-list.html

Hope this clears up any bad feelings.

Cheers!

John S

At 12:35 PM 12/11/2003, Beverly Flanigan wrote:
>Can't somebody please ask Mr. Shibley and his colleagues to drop "the
>Queen's English" from the list title?  It's our English too!  And it's too
>bad they wanted to banish "my bad"; it's one of my favorite apologies.
>
>Come to think of it, I'll copy this note to Mr. Shibley myself.

John Shibley
Photographer/Writer
Public Relations Office
Lake Superior State University
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783

906/635-2314 (voice)
906/635-2623 (fax)

"There are known knowns; there are things we know we know.
We also know there are known unknowns;
that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns -
  the ones we don't know we don't know."

- US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld