X 'n Y (was Re: LSSU Word Banishment)

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Fri Dec 12 22:01:08 UTC 2003

--On Friday, December 12, 2003 4:05 PM -0500 Laurence Horn
<laurence.horn at YALE.EDU> wrote:

> Good point.  I guess "peel 'n' eat", being neither alliterative nor
> rhyming, must have failed to charm the LSSU group.  Maybe they'd have
> preferred my proposal for a fast food emporium, the Scarf 'N' Barf.
>
> larry

I can't possibly top that one, and it's anticlimactic to say anything else
at all, but I can't resist passing along the intelligence that, according
to a colleague I read Larry's contribution to, there is a REAL, ACTUAL
establishment in Moscow, Idaho, called Sharmin's Slurp 'n Burp.

Peter Mc.