Antedating of "Microcomputer"

Michael Vezie mlv at POBOX.COM
Mon Dec 15 17:07:30 UTC 2003

>Date:    Sun, 14 Dec 2003 18:40:31 -0500
>From:    Fred Shapiro <fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU>
>
> microcomputer (OED3 1968)
> 1963 _Wash. Post_ 1 Mar. D8  All this would take is a clever surgeon to
> insert a microcomputer into the brain that would provide unlimited memory.

Forgive me for butting in if I'm not welcome (no linguistic education or anything),
but that seems to be describing a nanocomputer, not what we think of now as a
microcomputer.  It seems to me that it wouldn't make sense to use that as an
antedating of "microcomputer".

But maybe I'm wrong.  I'll go back to lurking now.

Michael