Trail Mix (1968, 1976, 1977)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Dec 18 07:43:41 UTC 2003

   "Trail Mix" is not in John Mariani's ENCYCLOPEDIA OF AMERICAN FOOD AND
DRINK (1999).  "Trail Mix" is also not in the index of Andrew F. Smith's PEANUTS
(2002).
   OED and Merriam-Webster have 1977.  (OED's entry--from Nexis--was added in
December 2001.)    I'll keep an eye out for "trail mix" in the LOS ANGELES
TIMES (still stuck on May 1953).

   12 February 1976, INDIANA EVENING GAZETTE (Indiana, Pennsylvania), pg. 16,
col. 7:
_The Skiers' Snack_
By Aileen Claire
NEA Food Editor
(...)
   Margie Mahoney, 23, of Anchorage, Alaska is a member of the Ladies'
Cross-Countrey Team and makes her own snack food.
   When in competition she prefers large breakfasts and after a race she
drinks hot liquids, eats raisins and oranges.  At home she makes granola for
breakfast.  Her Skiers' Trail Mix for hiking or ski touring is made from equal
amounts of raisins, dry roasted peanuts, chocolate chips or M&M's.  "I mix these
in a plastic bag and throw it in my back pack.  It's a great energy snack."
Here is Margie Mahoney's granola recipe. (...)

(TRADEMARK)
Typed DrawingWord Mark    ORIGINAL TRAIL MIX
Goods and Services  IC 029. US 046. G & S: Snack food mix consisting
primarily of raisins, processed sunflower seeds, processed pumpkin seeds, processed
peanuts, processed cashews, processed almonds, soybean oil and/or cottonseed oil
and/or canola oil and/or almond oil and salt. FIRST USE: 19680000. FIRST USE
IN COMMERCE: 19770000
Mark Drawing Code   (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number   76345939
Filing Date December 7, 2001
Current Filing Basis    1A
Original Filing Basis   1A
Published for Opposition    September 24, 2002
Registration Number 2662697
Registration Date   December 17, 2002
Owner   (REGISTRANT) Hadley Date Gardens, Inc. CORPORATION CALIFORNIA 83555
Airport Blvd. Thermal CALIFORNIA 92274
Attorney of Record  John H. Alspaugh
Disclaimer  NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "TRAIL MIX" APART
FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
Type of Mark    TRADEMARK
Register    PRINCIPAL-2(F)
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE