Fed up

Tom Kysilko pds at VISI.COM
Tue Dec 23 02:57:24 UTC 2003

Gerald's message was UU-encoded.  Decoded, the message reads:

This looks like a blend: "fed up with" and "sick of"

Gerald Cohen

         -----Original Message-----
         From: American Dialect Society on behalf of sagehen
         Sent: Sun 12/21/2003 6:14 PM
         To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
         Subject: Fed up

         I have always said "fed up with"  sthg or other.  One of my
daughters, who
         spent one year of her early adolescence in an English boarding
school, says
         "fed up of," which I always think is simply a mistake.  Today,
however, I
         ran across "fed up of" in an English novel  and am wondering if
this is
         ordinary English usage. Is it normal in any North American region?
         A. Murie
<<<<<
This appears to have come from Microsoft Outlook.  To get rid of the
gibberish, Gerald need to go to Tools>Options>Mail Format>Settings.  There
he needs to select MIME rather than UU-encode.

--Tom Kysilko, who learned to use WinZip to decode such messages from GSCole.