Annual Luncheon at ADS Annual Meeting

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Tue Dec 23 23:12:33 UTC 2003

At last the full details can be told!

At 12:15 p.m. Saturday, January 10 in Hampton A & B of the Sheraton Boston,
the American Dialect Society will hold its annual luncheon. The featured
speaker will be Charles Meyer of the University of Massachusetts, Boston. His topic:
“Can you Really Study Language Variation in Linguistic Corpora?”
   The meal is described below in all its delectable detail. It's yours for
$30 a person.
   There's no time to ask you to send payment in advance. Reservations in
advance will be appreciated, however. Just notify me directly (not posting to
ADS-L): AAllan at aol.com. Make checks payable to the American Dialect Society, of
course, or you can bring cash.
   You're also invited to add the (COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY) ADS registration fee
when you pay for the luncheon. Officially, as guests of LSA, our members must
register with LSA. Unofficially, we welcome $20 from regular members and $10
from students to help with ADS expenses. You'll get a sticker for your badge
when you do.
   The newsletter of the ADS didn't get published (mea culpa), but you can
see the whole ADS meeting program on our website, www.americandialect.org.
- Allan Metcalf, ADS executive secretary

Mango Chicken
Baby Spinach with Radicchio, Endive, Plum Tomatoes,
Macadamia Encrusted Chevre with Ranch Dressing
Freshly Baked Rolls and Flatbreads, Sweet Butter and Coffee Service
~
Baked Breast of Chicken Stuffed with Mango,
Tri-colored Peppers and Red Onions with a Ginger, Lemongrass Cream
Batonnets of Zucchini and Yellow Squash
Broccoli Florettes and Baby Carrots
Caribbean Style Rice with Red Beans
~
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding with Rum Cream