Gets Late Early; Reggie=Registration; beta.newspaperarchive.com

Fri Dec 26 16:14:17 UTC 2003

As always, I marvel at Barry's industriousness [can't use the simpler
"industry", can we?], but a lot of his quotes from the beta Newspaper
Archive were mangled more than somewhat; e.g., these excerpts from two
of them:

Decatur Daily Republican - 8/24/1880
... to tbe deeUlon of the
Democratic convention CITY DEPARTMENT. OHCAP 169 pieces American.....
10-dtf Tut funeral of the late J nines...

Fort Wayne Daily Gazette - 7/22/1881
...JS dtimaaUu 5 Thrse S .Persons leaving the CITY during the
9-tmrnef months can have the....

Barry, are your fingers getting THIS tangled, or were you stuck with a
keyboard that had played host to a convention of cockroaches feasting on
coffee spills and donut crumbs, or were you pasting copies of text
OCR-ed from age-worn newspapers printed in irregular type from old
fonts?

-- Mark A. Mandel