Gets Late Early (Newspaperarchive.com thumbnails)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Dec 27 10:00:32 UTC 2003

   In that last post, I had meant that WorldCat is NOT available to me at my
home at this hour.

NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM
   The mangled thumbnails were in the original.  I liked that the
"thumbnails" provided the publications, dates, and the keywords ("Windy City," for
example).  But, yes, some are seriously mangled.
   Nevertheless, it's a vast improvement over just dates.  Then you'd have to
wait maybe five minutes to download something that's often totally useless.
   I'm impressed that on "a day late and a dollar short" I pulled a citation
from the comics.  The comics are a great source of Americanisms.  Not only
that, but I got the citation even though "an'" was used for "and."
   I'm working full-time now (minus weekends and New Year's) until my January
4th Air France flight to West Africa gets blown up by international
terrorists, but I'll try to finish a journal article on these new full-text newspaper
archives before I leave.