spelling that exclamation of disgust

Tom Kysilko pds at VISI.COM
Sat Dec 27 21:43:27 UTC 2003

My own spelling -- eeugh! -- comes from I know not where.

FWIW:  Google just gave me 1532 hits for "eyew", but most of them were not
for the exclamation of disgust.  "Eeugh" got 332 hits, and it seems that
most are for the exclamation.

--Tom Kysilko

At 12/27/2003 11:03 AM -0500, Dale Coye wrote:
>The NY Times today in an article on junior high students said that the
>coolest boys do not do anything that could be considered girlish, like say
>"eyew"--
>is this the way we want to spell that?

>I might favor something more like ee-yoo

   Tom Kysilko        Practical Data Services
   pds at visi.com       Saint Paul MN USA