turkey=three strikes in a row in bowling

Tom Kysilko pds at VISI.COM
Wed Dec 31 00:34:29 UTC 2003

James Knight doesn't endorse the explanations he quotes, and for a good
reason.  Rolling a turkey isn't so very hard to do.  A bowler with an
average as low as, say, 150 is almost certain to roll at least one turkey
in a series of three games.  Even a gutter-baller like me has a fair chance
in an evening's worth of bowling.

--Tom Kysilko

At 12/30/2003 11:38 AM -0800, James Knight, MLIS wrote:
>offering food as gifts to the winners. The common award for bowling three
>strikes in a row was a live turkey. If a person accomplished this feat his
>or her teammates would all shout, "turkey!" letting the proprietor know
>that the prize had been won. ...

   Tom Kysilko        Practical Data Services
   pds at visi.com       Saint Paul MN USA