Canadian bacon (1897)

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Mon Feb 3 06:03:05 UTC 2003

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, vida morkunas wrote:

#well, if that throws any light on the topic... up here in Vancouver, we have
#bacon, and Canadian bacon. Bacon is about 8 - 12 inches long, 1" wide and
#about 1/4 of an inch thick and is very heavily marbled.
#
#Canadian bacon, on the other hand, hardly has any visible fat, looks like a
#small ham, is usually sliced round, about 1/8" thick and tastes quite
#different (like fried cold cuts - perhaps?)

These are the same meanings we have south of the border, the same ones I
was referring to.

-- Mark A. Mandel