ADS Web Site Statistics

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Wed Feb 5 03:41:19 UTC 2003

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 09:02:52PM -0500, Grant Barrett wrote:
> I just put these numbers together for Allan and thought the list might
> find them interesting.
>
> Statistics for the American Dialect Society web site for the period
> between November 2000-December 2002.
>
> Monthly Average
> -- Megabytes: 373.73
> -- Visits: 10,091
> -- Unique Hosts: 6716
> -- Page Views: 15,730

Grant, thanks very much for posting these numbers. They are much
larger than I had expected, even with January '03 excluded.

I know we've discussed this generally before, but perhaps we
really should make an effort at some sort of FAQ for the site?
If we're really getting that many hits, perhaps it would be worth
it to ensure that the site provides some reliable information on
the things we care about.

I'm not volunteering, but could do a few Q&A entries if someone
else were organizing it.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED