Decon, Intel, Eurolash

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Thu Feb 6 19:33:30 UTC 2003

Both "decon" and "intel" have been around for ages. Here are a couple of
early Usenet cites:

"They issue all their troops with a personal decon kit - like we do"
--Jeff Miller, 16 May 1985, in Arms-Discussion Digest V3 #33, fa.arms-d

"...believe it or not, somebody in the intel community was smart enough to
think
about talking to emigres, too."
--Robert Bloom, 21 Feb 1985, in Arms-Discussion Digest V3 #10, fa.arms-d

I'm certain that digging through government and military documents will turn
up many, much earlier hits.