Drunken Goat (1996)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Feb 10 04:28:16 UTC 2003

At 8:38 PM -0500 2/9/03, James A. Landau wrote:
>In a message dated 02/09/2003 4:34:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>vidamorkunas at TELUS.NET writes:
>
>>  La Vache Qui Rit makes cheese (in cubes, unfortunately.  France's answer to
>>   Kraft Singles).  Those darn little cubes often found their way in my
>>   lunchbox when I was growing up in Montreal. I usually traded them for
>>   chocolate bars with the other little girls in school.
>
>I'm curious about your first name.  The only other "Vida" I can recall was a
>baseball player named Vida Blue, from the early 1960's if I remember
>correctly.

Jim, you must be drinking from the same well as Mark Mandel; you're
off by a decade too, only in the opposite direction.  The seventies
get no respect.  Vida Blue was 70's, not early 60's, although his
best season was 1971, his rookie (of the year) year with the A's.
His name (unlike our Vida's) was pronounce to rhyme with Ida, sweet
as apple cida'.  He refused his owner's bribe to change his name
officially to True Blue.  (This was the era of Catfish Hunter and
Mudcat Grant.)

larry