Daylight Saving(s) Time

Kathleen E. Miller millerk at NYTIMES.COM
Tue Feb 11 15:51:49 UTC 2003

At 07:35 AM 2/11/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>I am not sure about that, but I have a similar question: why do people in
>Oregon say driver'S license, when it is a driver license (says so on the
>license).  Do other states have driver or driver's licenses?
>Fritz

Everyone I know - in Texas and Virginia - calls it a driver's license. This
from the VA DMV

"To apply for a driver's license, learner's permit, commercial driver's
license (CDL) or CDL
instruction permit you must bring two identification documents, proof of
social security
number (if you have one) and proof of Virginia residency."

And my Virginia license says DRIVER'S LICENSE.

Kathleen E. Miller
Research Assistant to William Safire
The New York Times