Daylight Saving(s) Time

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Tue Feb 11 16:23:42 UTC 2003

>I am not sure about that, but I have a similar question: why do people in
>Oregon say driver'S license, when it is a driver license (says so on the
>license).  Do other states have driver or driver's licenses?
>Fritz
 ~~~~~~~
I say "driver's license," but you're right, my NY state license says
"DRIVER LICENSE' on it. I think we say "driver's" because we think of it as
the possession of the driver rather than the document of permission by the
state.
In England I think they call it a "driving licence," which is more
suggestive of the latter.
A. Murie