swearing across cultural lines

Brad Beaty brad at BSBEATY.COM
Wed Feb 12 19:55:59 UTC 2003

Thanks I'll check it out.  Brad
 Mai Kuha <mkuha at BSU.EDU> wrote:Here's a reference I happen to have handy.
Abd el-Jawad, Hassan R.S. 2000. "A Linguistic and Sociopragmatic and
Cultural Study of Swearing in Arabic." Language, Culture and Curriculum. 13,
2, 217-40.

-Mai

On 2/11/03 11:20 AM, Brad Beaty opined:

> (...) I am curious about Middle Eastern and Asian cultures. Do they
> swear or curse in the same way as European cultures? Thanks

BRADLEE S. BEATY, Attorney at Law
530 East Main Street, Suite 600
Richmond, Virginia 23219
TEL (804) 643-6343 FAX (804) 643-6380, brad at bsbeaty.com
This e-mail may contain attorney confidential/privileged information and should be read only by the named recipient(s).  Any use of this e-mail by others is prohibited.  Please notify of erroneous receipt by return e-mail to admin at bsbeaty.com