Tuk-Tuks; Drumette; Concord, Grand Canyon Cakes

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Feb 17 20:39:05 UTC 2003

   Greetings again from Kandalama, Sri Lanka.

TUKTUK--OED has this from 1969, from Thailand.  They're little vehicles, seen all over, used as taxis.  The use even here might pre-date 1969.  It's supposedly from the sound of the motor.

DRUMETTE--Not in OED.  Sold at a supermarket here, and I've seen "drumette" in the U.S.  "WInglets" are also sold.

CONCORD CAKE--Sold here.  I'll work on it.

GRAND CANYON CAKE--Also sold here.  It has peanut butter inside the canyon.

NOUTUNA--A salad dressing here.  I didn't see it at all on Google.

CREPES SAMURAI--Served here tonight.  I guess Suzette turned Japanese.  Two Google hits.