New Sense of "Spinster"

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Wed Feb 19 17:23:27 UTC 2003

I've just noticed a new sense of "spinster" meaning spin doctor, often seen
in the phrase "political spinster."

"You are a disgusting political spinster with no concern for the truth, only
your own righteousness." alt.politics.media, 15 Nov 1999.

"He's no James Carville, but Mark Fabiani has an impressive resume as a
political spinster." rec.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders, 15 May 2002

"He [Drudge] doesn't write anything himself, so I don't see how he can be a
fake reporter (don't think he even holds himself out as a reporter), nor a
spinster, when he doesn't add anything to the story, let alone spin."
alt.politics.bush, 19 Jul 2002.

"For the political spinsters and pundits on AO" alt.obituaries, 18 Feb 2003.