Kandy Bar Association; Rulon Cake; Swedha Karma

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Feb 20 08:28:31 UTC 2003

   Greetings again from Kandy.  I'm with two women who shop for stones all day, then get massages.  At least it gives me some internet time.

KANDY BAR ASSOCIATION--A group of semi-sweet lawyers, as seen in today's newspaper.  Don't ask me--I took "torts."

RULON CAKE--Seen here at another bakery.  I was told it's coconut and honey.  Sure was good.

SWEDHA KARMA--Offered at my hotel.  See:
http://www.mahaweli.com/mahaweli/auyrweda_main.htm

BOOBOO MAXI--A piece of clothing offered at a local batik shop here in Sri Lanka.  A quick Google shows "booboo" as the name for a boy's tunic from West Africa, but not much else.

CANNONBALL TREE--A tree whose fruit looks like cannonballs.  My tour guide didn't provide another name.

CHANNELLING--Used all over in medical shops for "consulting."  No past lives involved, I presume.