Upside down E was Re: Mathematical Symbols

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Thu Feb 20 16:49:10 UTC 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, James A. Landau wrote:

#desktop while rotating it 180 degrees.  If you do so to the capital F, you
#get the bars sticking out to the left.  However, what term would you then use
#to describe a capital F turned in such a way that the long horizontal bar was
#on the bottom and sticking out to the right?

Rotated 180 deg. through the horizontal axis.

As several have observed by now, we have been debating over language,
not reality. I'm only surprised that it took us (incl. me) so long to
realize it.

-- Mark A. Mandel

More information about the Ads-l mailing list