Team color names [WAS: Card sharp versus card shark]

Tony Laidig c64 at CATS.UCSC.EDU
Wed Feb 26 08:12:53 UTC 2003

You're right about the mascot here at UCSC. I'm a Banana Slug, as are
another 12-14,000 students. Reaction to the mascot among the students is
mixed-- I personally think that it is worthwhile to have a unique mascot.
However, your supposed tradition on the naming of UC teams is flawed. I
must point out that UC Davis has the "Aggies," UC Irvine has the
"Anteaters" and UC Santa Barbara has the "Gauchos."
Go Slugs!
Tony.