Team color names

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Wed Feb 26 18:04:58 UTC 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, James A. Landau wrote:

#In a message dated 02/25/2003 6:54:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
#prichard at LINFIELD.EDU writes:
#
#> > That really is the mascot at UC Santa Claus. They're incredibly cute, or
#>  > disgusting, creatures, something like 10" long I think, and about the
#>  > color and general shape of a ripe banana.
#>
#>  Gosh, you'd think their mascot would be a reindeer, not a slug.
#
#Actually that's UC Santa Cruz.

Di'n' I say that? "Santa Claus" for "Santa Cruz" is a joke I learned
from my wife's cousin when we were all living in Calif.

-- Mark A. Mandel