"far to"...specific spot?

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Wed Jan 1 17:46:11 UTC 2003

  Mark A. Mandel writes:

 >I've found that the ease of editing electronic
>text has more than once led me into errors that I can hardly imagine
>making in hard-copy draft. -- Has anyone done a study of this
>phenomenon?
~~
I agree.  Drag & drop, cut&paste, copy&paste  are all dandy tools, but
their very ease tends to leave a trail of weird blunders.
~~
> >This is a very able writer, which is why I wondered if it might be a
>>regionalism that I simply was unfamiliar with.

>Whence he? I grew up in NYC and it's far from me!
~~
The writer in question, Archer Mayor,  lives & writes in Vermont at
present, and has written a  solid series  of character-driven police novels
laid in Vermont.  I find from the bio para on the jacket that he has lived
all over the US & Europe and had a great variety of jobs.  Can't tell from
this what his native dialect may have been.
AM