Comment for the ADS Webmaster

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Thu Jan 2 22:26:19 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 RonButters at AOL.COM wrote:

#This is so funny! How do we know that a new word is a "manglement" and not a
#clever new usage? Is anything that George Bush says a mangling just because
#many people think he is an idiot?

"[The race is not always to the swift, nor the contest to the strong]...
but that's the way to bet."

I'm sure I've mangled the quotation from The Preacher in this quip, and
probably the relevant part as well, but Dubya is so much in the habit of
tripping over his own (physical and native) tongue that any form first
observed coming out of his mouth is odds-on to be a blunder.

-- Mark A. Mandel