: Comment for the ADS Webmaster

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Fri Jan 3 01:54:56 UTC 2003

In a message dated 01/02/2003 8:40:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
funex79 at SLONET.ORG writes:

> Such as "normalcy" allegedly invented by by Pres Harding, another leader of
>  less than Einsteinian intlligence, and which is about 90% acceptable
>  today...

"Return to Normalcy"  was the Republican slogan in the 1920 campaign, which
means it is as legitimate a term as "New Deal" or "Great Society".   I don't
know off-hand who coined the term---if one wanted to be demeaning, one could
say that Harding didn't have the brains to come up with the term.

And why can't ANYONE use "President Bush" and "malaprop" in the same sentence?

     - Jim Landau