Jesse Sheidlower on PBS Newshour

Matthew Gordon GordonMJ at MISSOURI.EDU
Tue Jan 7 21:02:27 UTC 2003

I was impressed with Jesse's part, but it's not fair to call Patricia O'Conner
a "linguist". She's an editor turned language maven. From what I can tell, her
book is a prescriptivist attempt to return email to those golden days of letter
writing.

>From the jacket of _You Send Me_:
"Will the computer be the death of good writing? Not necessarily... The good
news is we're writing again, but we'll have to upgrade our lousy language and
social skills or suffer the cyber-consequences."