Call For Participation: Great Plains Linguists and Literarians

Amanda Rees ReesA at UWYO.EDU
Mon Jan 13 20:39:00 UTC 2003

Call for Great Plains Scholars:

I am presently editing a text on the Great Plains as part of an
eight-volume American regional culture series to be published by
Greenwood Press in 2004. This series is designed to be the definitive
reference for American regionalism for years to come and works to
establish as sense of place for the each region by exploring themes such
as: Architecture, Arts, Ecology and the Environment, Ethnicity, Fashion,
Film, Folklore, Food, Linguistics, Literature, Music, Religion, and
Sports and Recreation.

This Great Plains text will offer an accessible overview of each theme
and its role within the region in order to provide a comprehensive sense
of Great Plains culture. Our core audience will be high school and
university students as well as public library patrons. I am looking for
authors to assign the Linguistics and the Literature chapters.

Word Length: 15,000 and bibliography

Deadline: August 1st 2003

Illustrations and primary documents encouraged

If you are interested in being a part of this exciting opportunity to
articulate a sense of place for the Great Plains please submit your
curriculum vitae for consideration to Amanda Rees at reesa at uwyo.edu
indicating the chapter you are interested in writing. (Please note this
is NOT a call for the submission of articles.)

Amanda Rees Ph.D.

Department of Geography and Recreation

University of Wyoming

PO Box 3371