PBS's American Experience

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jan 20 20:09:51 UTC 2003

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/chicago/sfeature/sf_made.html

   I don't know if anyone saw this.  PBS's American Experience last week had a three-part series called CHICAGO: CITY OF THE CENTURY.
   The web site credits Finley Peter Dunne of the CHICAGO DAILY NEWS with "southpaw" and Michael Cassius McDonald with "There's a sucker born every minute" and "Never give a sucker an even break."  "Mickey Finn" is another phrase that is mentioned.  The only food mentioned is "Cracker Jack."
   I'll wait to see what the full text CHICAGO TRIBUNE has on these terms.  That should be available later this year.
   My work, as is sometimes the case, was honored in absentia, because nowhere to be found is...