Fuck an A

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Tue Jan 21 01:15:37 UTC 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Beverly Flanigan wrote:

#I never watch the "Golden Globes" show (well, hardly ever), but last night
#when U2's Bono accepted for best song of the year (in "Gangs of New York"),
#he said "This is fuckin' great!"--so fast it couldn't be bleeped out.  The
#effect was electric, as they say.

Last year Neil Gaiman won the Hugo, the biggest award in science fiction
and fantasy. As I heard the story, his acceptance speech either
consisted of, or was very short and was followed by, the line "Fuck, I
got a Hugo!"

Someone commented that he'd better not say the corresponding thing if he
ever wins an award (AFAIK, so far nonexistent) named in honor of Philip
K. Dick.

-- Mark A. Mandel