German Taco

Leila A. Merrill lamerrill at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Jan 22 07:47:59 UTC 2003

Hi all,

A German Taco, according to the Amarillo Globe-News, is a flour tortilla
stuffed with slices of summer sausage and jalapeño cheese, then wrapped
like a burrito and heated.
Fredericksburg, as the name suggests, was a German settlement.  Now it's
a nice place to spend a weekend because the area's pretty, there are
plenty of sights to see, little shops, etc.  Here in Dallas, we have
fish tacos in addition the usual varieties.  I haven't seen the German
kind, but I might have just not noticed.

- Leila Merrill
linguistics grad student