Is Snail Salad a"regionalism" (or even a word?)

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Tue Jan 28 18:38:57 UTC 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 RonButters at AOL.COM wrote:

> much less a regionalism? Maybe it could be an entry in a cookbook, but It
> APPEARS to be just an ordinary noun adjunct, like COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON or
> DICTIONARY MAKER or LEXICON INFLATER.

This raises an interesting question for Barry:  Does Barry believe that
"committee chairperson" and "lexicon inflater" should be in the OED?
Everything I see in his postings suggests to me that his answer would be
"yes."

Fred