Crock Pot (1970)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Jan 29 05:48:32 UTC 2003

   "Crock pot" is often used as a generic, like "band aid" or xerox."
   From today's NEW YORK TIMES:

  _Slow and Low Is the Way to Go_
By MARK BITTMAN

IT cost me $30. I call it the Monster of Braising. I use it almost every day.

Go ahead and sneer. I love my slow cooker.

Essentially a small, closed electric pot that provides extremely low and reliably even heat, the slow cooker is simple, safe and, as long as you don't try to stretch its capabilities, virtually foolproof.

You may know it as the Crock-Pot. The Rival Company, now owned by the Holmes Group, trademarked that name when it introduced the product in 1971.  (...)

   From the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office:

Word Mark CROCK-POT
Goods and Services IC 011. US 021. G & S: ELECTRIC COOKING APPLIANCES-NAMELY, CASSEROLES. FIRST USE: 19701105. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19701105
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 72376956
Filing Date November 23, 1970
Registration Number 0928614
Registration Date February 8, 1972
Owner (REGISTRANT) RIVAL MANUFACTURING COMPANY CORPORATION MISSOURI 3601 BENNINGTON STREET KANSAS CITY MISSOURI 941291893
(LAST LISTED OWNER) RIVAL COMPANY, THE CORPORATION BY ASSIGNMENT DELAWARE 1 HOLMES WAY, BLDG. A MILFORD MASSACHUSETTS 01757

Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR). SECTION 8(10-YR) 20020222.
Renewal 2ND RENEWAL 20020222
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE