Fuck an A

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Jan 29 20:32:00 UTC 2003

At 11:57 AM -0800 1/29/03, Arnold Zwicky wrote:

>but yes, there's no real issue in whether the expression is spelled
>"fuck an a" or "fuckin' a" (though the latter is the interpretation
>i've had all of my life, and is the only spelling i'd seen until this
>ads-l discussion started).

FWIW (maybe not much), I just did a quick and dirty google count.
"Fuckin A" (with quotes) has 14,700 hits (with or without the
apostrophe, which is ignored in any case).  "Fuck an A" has 166,
although some may be irrelevant (such as one on the first page of
hits that reads "An A in the west is not neccessarily an A elsewhere,
and really there's no reason for you to even know what the fuck an A
is in the first place"

larry