Fwd: Time Out Magazine

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Jul 9 21:28:37 UTC 2003

anyone help with this?  I can figure it out to the extent that it
would mean the same as "Let's blow this joint" (on the 'place', not
'special cigarette' sense of the object), but why pop stand, I can't
guess.  I'm sure Time Out would be happy with any reply, and we'd all
be happy to be apprised non-telephonically.  I assume a google search
would be less desirable than first-hand encounters with pop stands
and the blowing thereof.

larry
--- begin forwarded text

From: "Lulu kalman" <luluix at hotmail.com>
To: Laurence.Horn at yale.edu
Subject: Time Out Magazine
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 20:08:21 +0000

Prof. Horn,
My name is Lulu Kalman and I am an intern at Time Out Magazine NY.
For an upcoming article, I have been assigned, by my senior editor,
to get in contact with a professor of linguistics and ask what the
term  "let's blow this pop stand" means to them.
If you are interested in responding, please call 212 539 4444 or
email us at research at timeoutny.com.
Thank you for you time. Cheers, Lulu Kalman