Jimmies (1954); American Chop Suey (1938, 1939)

Kim & Rima McKinzey rkmck at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Jul 11 00:22:36 UTC 2003

>DARE also says it's a trademark, although neither Barry nor I could find any
>record of it at USPTO. The Just Born candy company (originally of Brooklyn)
>claims that they coined and trademarked "jimmies" in the 1930s. If they did,
>they never registered it. They have other registered trademarks, both
>current and historical, but not "jimmies."

You'd think it odd then, wouldn't you - that growing up in Brooklyn
in the 50s I only heard/used/ate sprinkles - if a Brooklyn company
supposedly coined/trademarked/manufactured "jimmies."

Rima