Jimmies (1954)

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU
Fri Jul 11 14:43:20 UTC 2003

yet another voice for the boston (-area) location of "jimmies".
i knew "sprinkles" only in my teen years (around reading,
pennsylvania), in the 1950s, and at college in princeton, 1958-62
(when, it seemed to me, a real fashion for sprinkles took
hold).  but when i moved to cambridge, mass., for grad school,
1962-65, i discovered that it was "jimmies" all the way.

later: on to the midwest and california, and back to "sprinkles".

arnold