Jimmies (1954)

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Sat Jul 12 04:01:55 UTC 2003

Peter A. McGraw wrote:
>I know I've heard of sprinkles and never, until now, of jimmies.  But I
>have  at best a nodding acquaintance with them so am forced to admit that
>I'm not entirely sure what the definition encompasses.  There are the
>little chocolate bits, and then there is another thing that's like large,
>multicolored sugar crystals.  Does "sprinkles" (and presumably also
>"jimmies") cover both, or only the chocolate kind?

I'm not familiar with the multicolored sugar crystals. But there are
colored objects of the same size and shape as the canonical chocolate
sprinkles/jimmies. I would call these sprinkles, and, I guess, if I
were in Boston, I'd call them jimmies.

Alice Faber                                             faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                                  tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                                     fax (203) 865-8963